Thursday, September 25, 2003


Criticism

Criticism,like swearing is actually nothing more than a bad habit. It's something we get used to doing;we're familiar with how it feels to be critical or be criticized. It keeps us busy and gives us somrthing to talk about.Think about.When we judge or criticize another person,it says nothing about the person;it merely says something about our own need to be critical.

Hate to admit it....but I am a critical person. So why do I I still do it? Let the truth be told...it kinda keeps me busy talking...makes me feel good for a moment to criticize someone. Honestly,at times after being critical...I'll start saying,"That's so mean!I'm mean..."...yup...Contradicting isn't it?Ah well...I'll start feeling ashamed and little deflated.Instead,my intentions to attack at the person...I'm actually attacking myself!Get wat I mean so far?My actions kinda says,"Hey...I need to be critical!" Of course...this is one thing one would never be proud to admit.

To me,criticism will never stop.We humans are both critical and criticized.I mean...for example:At a gathering...you listen to all the criticism that are exchanged,that is typically levied against others...those are just mean thoughts or one's assessment of you...or someone else.Now...THINK abt it.How much good all that criticism actually does to make our world a better place?The answer:ZERO!!!It does no good. Not only that being critical solves nothing,itstead it contributes to the anger and distrust in our world.Dun you think?

Now now...I know this is long...but let me continue.So yeah..I do get critized...ant it hurts at times.I get immobilized by the slightest criticism(must see who said it...hehe). I quickly treat it as an emergency and start defending myself...as though in a battle. I feel attacked and have the need to defend or to offer countercriticism...or retreat in fear or shame.Which is the best reaction?Honestly...my mind will be filled with angry or hurtful thoughts directed at myself or to the person being critical.Frankly...this reactions takes an enormous amount of mental energy.

*to be continued*

inoera lost her thoughts in here @ 9:26 PM | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment