Thursday, September 25, 2003


Continuation...Criticism

At times,I choose to retreat..not in fear or shame but for myself.Like I said...it will never end...unless I have nothing better to do la.hehe.Then again,the one thats being critical would think that he/she has won the battle.Hm...depends on the situation la...I rather be nondefensive than defensive.RETREAT.Countercriticism is such a tiring task!Oh...and reverse phychology. Negative reaction to criticism often convince the person doint the criticizing that they are accurate in their assessmentn of you. And by reacting to criticism never makes the criticism go away. Like I said before, it never goes away..it'll go round and round and round.

At times, the true fact is there...what people criticise about you. For example, I consciously agreed with criticism directed to me. A friend said to me,"You!!Have got a mama-backside for a mouth!" For a moment, I'm like,"What the fuck?What are you trying to say?" before deciding to agree. I responded by saying,"Yeah!I know!!" I discovered something about myself. In agreeing with my friend, I was able to see that he had a good point. I often do talk too much. With my nondefensive reaction, my fren replied. "Still I love you!" I doubt he would have said that had I been defensive.

So yeah...I've learnt that reacting to it never goes away.I discovered that agreeing with an occasional criticism has more value than its cost. That applies if I forgot not to be defensive!hehe...

Hey...if you just need to say something back...make it sarcastic!!keke...like" Gee...thanks for pointing out my flaw!I appreciate it!"

This will never end.....................

inoera lost her thoughts in here @ 10:17 PM | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment