Wednesday, September 10, 2003


Confused with my Lang.

So yeah...yesterday I had my 5th driving lesson...so far its been pretty okay.I can manage i guess...so yeah...l dun have difficulty with any of my instructor until yesterday.I've been telling my friends that I hoped not to get a Malay instructor cause definitely the lesson would be in Malay...and guess wat?It was!!I had to concentrate real hard to understand wat he was trying to say.Before the lesson started, I asked my instructor if he could speak i English instead as my Malay wasn't that good but he REFUSED!!!I was like..."Bloody hell...I'm stuck in Suria for 100 minutes!"From that point of time...I had to listen real careful to wat he was teaching me in MALAy!!Oh ...he then started giving me some "lecture" like..."we are all Malay...must know how to speak our own mother tongue. I know...you youngsters now prefer speaking in English...but remember...dun forget our culture..."BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!--hE SAID SOMETHING LIKE THAT...my translation. So yeah...not only was it a driving lesson...it was a lesson of...????wateva la huh...

Yesterday's lesson was checking blindspots and stuff...this happened many times I should say...You see, my instructor asked me to check my blindspot on my left...instead...I turned to my right!!This was what he said in Malay...(adding some humour)--"Okay...sebelum awak belok kiri...check blindspot di kiri!"Translate:Before turning to your left,check your left blindspot.Kiri means left and kanan means right.So yeah...I got confused between my left and right in Malay!!Bloody hell...humiliating man...I felt really lost after that .I can't help it but to quickly apologise for my misinterpretation!haha...after that my instructor started his whole "Blah blah blah...culture know the language" lecture!!Oh....there was this once...he tried explaining to me something but I couldn't really understand wat he was trying to say or explain that in the end ...he had to drew it out for me!!!haha...Damn...you know how irritating is that??Yeah..I know some of you would say.."Damn you!Disgrace to Malay society!!"But hey!!!I am not MALAY!!!!hehe...remember that!!haha...Gosh...I really hope Friday's lesson I'll get a young chinese soft spoken instructor!!!haha

Oh OH!!!My parents are leaving on Friday!!!Haha...quick quick get lost!!!MUakakaka...freedom!!!I smell FREEDOM!!LOL...sadly, I have to sleep over at my granny's...but who cares...I can play with my baby cousins!!!

inoera lost her thoughts in here @ 2:24 AM | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment